Thanks to all who participated in and attended the first Town Hall Event and made it such a success!
There was something truly exciting and energizing that happened last Tuesday night at Feather Sound Country Club. Over 270 people joined me along with Encore Career Handbook author, Marci Alboher and four amazing individuals from our community at the first-ever Encore Tampa Bay Town Hall. Together, … [Read More...]
In the Encore Career Stories we are about to tell, we see that there is more of a “reintegration” of skills and talents in new careers. Gary turned a life-long hobby and interest into a profitable and meaningful career! Kristen combined her passion for assisting non-profits by using the … [Read More...]
Pilar Ortiz started her career in television and communications at the very young age of 21 in Bogota, Colombia. She worked her way up from intern to lead reporter in just a few short years. In fact, she was one of the journalists to report for 4 days - the murder and funeral of Pablo Escobar (major … [Read More...]
Encore Career Series There are millions of adults in mid-life who are refusing to fade away in the second half of life. It turns out that at least 41 million of those adults are searching for a calling and crafting encore careers that combine not only continued income but the promise for more … [Read More...]
- the recession and the fact that boomers are faced with high rates of unemployment,
- that adults are actually living longer and can find the time to launch their own enterprise,
- the boomer generation has been making up their own rules as to how they want to live their lives- this is not any different now.
AT THE GREENHOUSE
The Encore Academy is here to provide workshops, resources and connections that will help you discover and launch your Encore career!
Sign up for updates about Encore Tampa Bay and our newsletter
A second or third act that combines personal meaning with social impact and continued income.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 10,000 Baby boomers are turning 65 every day
- 9 million people ages 44-70 are in their encore career
- Another 31 million are interested in joining them
- 37% of boomers say they expect to retire after 65
- 10,000 adults are turning 60 every day
- Over 40% of all start ups in America are by adults over 45 years of age.
- 70% of all boomers expect to work in some capacity after they "Retire"