for helping you discover and connect to your ENCORE!!
ENCORE ACADEMY EVENTS IN SEPTEMBER
Whats Next workshop
- Begin exploring what has meaning and value
- Identify what is holding you back
- Visualize the possibilities
- Begin to take action towards exploring and identifying your encore
Encore Connect Online (ECO)
ECO is an online learning community for encore seekers. ECO members get exposure to on line tools and technology while exploring encore seeking topics together. ECO is all about leveraging the gloable reach of the internet to connect with new people and new ideas!!
There are many different ways that people discover and connect to their encore careers. This month we are highlighting Judith Henry, a woman who turned her challenge of care giving for her mother and father into a career of helping other boomers who are experiencing these same kinds of challenges. … [Read More...]
On June 24, Senator Susan Collins chaired a special Senate hearing called, “Work in Retirement: Career Reinvention and the New Retirement Workscape”. The purpose of the hearing was to emphasize that working longer greatly enhances financial security for older individuals and strengthens the economy … [Read More...]
UPDATED: 6/8/15 Evening with Chris Farrell Join us on May 20th as author, Chris Farrell speaks about "Unretirement" at the Poynter Institute in St. Petersburg, FL! For almost two years I've been writing blog posts about the exciting opportunities around the ever growing encore … [Read More...]
Sign up for updates about Encore Tampa Bay and our newsletter
A second or third act that combines personal meaning with social impact and continued income.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 10,000 Baby boomers are turning 65 every day
- 9 million people ages 44-70 are in their encore career
- Another 31 million are interested in joining them
- 37% of boomers say they expect to retire after 65
- 10,000 adults are turning 60 every day
- Over 40% of all start ups in America are by adults over 45 years of age.
- 70% of all boomers expect to work in some capacity after they "Retire"