"TAPPING EXPERIENCED TALENT TO STRENGTHEN OUR COMMUNITY"
find your next….volunteer, employee, project manager, mentor, advisor
find your next… dream job, project, enterprise
- the recession and the fact that boomers are faced with high rates of unemployment,
- that adults are actually living longer and can find the time to launch their own enterprise,
- the boomer generation has been making up their own rules as to how they want to live their lives- this is not any different now.
Encore.org recently conducted a national survey asking people 50-70 years old about their plans, aspirations and concerns at this stage of their lives. The overall findings showed that encore careers appeal to people across all lines of education, and economic status. They found that people want to … [Read More...]
Town Hall to Shine Spotlight on Encore Careers, Strategies for Leveraging Baby Boomer and Senior Talent
For millions of Americans over 50, traditional retirement lacks appeal or simply isn’t an option. Here in Tampa Bay, keeping that sizable population of baby boomers and seniors engaged and contributing to the community is vital for our region’s economic future and quality of life. That’s why … [Read More...]
Between 1990 and 2010, the percentage of people 65 and older in the workforce increased from 12.1 percent to 16.1 percent. Today, adults 55 and older are the fastest-growing segment of the workforce. Rather than viewing this as a potential opportunity for economic growth, many people fear that more … [Read More...]
It has been a little over a year since I founded Encore Tampa Bay and began the mission of accelerating the encore movement in our community. There have been many important lessons I have learned along the way. At the heart, the concept of discovering your encore boils down to one thing, finding … [Read More...]
AT THE GREENHOUSE
The Encore Academy is here to provide workshops, resources and connections that will help you discover and launch your Encore career!
Sign up for updates about Encore Tampa Bay and our newsletter
A second or third act that combines personal meaning with social impact and continued income.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 10,000 Baby boomers are turning 65 every day
- 9 million people ages 44-70 are in their encore career
- Another 31 million are interested in joining them
- 37% of boomers say they expect to retire after 65
- 10,000 adults are turning 60 every day
- Over 40% of all start ups in America are by adults over 45 years of age.
- 70% of all boomers expect to work in some capacity after they "Retire"