- the recession and the fact that boomers are faced with high rates of unemployment,
- that adults are actually living longer and can find the time to launch their own enterprise,
- the boomer generation has been making up their own rules as to how they want to live their lives- this is not any different now.
In the last seven days, Tampa Bay has had the distinct opportunity to host two significant events, The White House Conference on Aging Regional Forum and a visit from the founder of the encore movement, Marc Freedman. White House Conference on Aging The White House Conference on Aging convenes … [Read More...]
Move over millennials, the boomers are taking over when it comes to entrepreneurship. In 2013, Kaufman reported 20% of all new business ventures in the US were started by entrepreneurs aged 50-59. An additional 15% of startups were started by those 60 years and over, which means 35% of all startups … [Read More...]
It is, once again, the time when we pause and reflect on the past year. Hopefully you are taking time away from work or life’s rat race to ask: What did I accomplish? What would I like to do over or improve? What did I learn? What things did I not get to? Now is a great time to look … [Read More...]
AT THE GREENHOUSE
The Encore Academy is here to provide workshops, resources and connections that will help you discover and launch your Encore career!
"Rethinking Identity in Mid and Later Life"
(FREE - but need to register)
St Pete Greenhouse
"WHATS NEXT” WORKSHOP
March 10 - 5-8 pm
St Petersburg Greenhouse
March 12- 5-8 pm
St Petersburg Chamber Board Room
Sign up for updates about Encore Tampa Bay and our newsletter
A second or third act that combines personal meaning with social impact and continued income.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 10,000 Baby boomers are turning 65 every day
- 9 million people ages 44-70 are in their encore career
- Another 31 million are interested in joining them
- 37% of boomers say they expect to retire after 65
- 10,000 adults are turning 60 every day
- Over 40% of all start ups in America are by adults over 45 years of age.
- 70% of all boomers expect to work in some capacity after they "Retire"