UPCOMING ENCORE ACADEMY EVENTS
ENCORE CONNECT: OPPORTUNITIES IN THE NON PROFIT COMMUNITY
Where: The Greenhouse, St. Petersburg
When: June 17, 9-11am
This mini-connect event will bring together “encore seekers” (experienced mid-life adults) and Non-profit organizations.
- A short panel discussion will feature Non-profits that are looking for volunteers, paid staff (full or part time) or board/ committee members. Learn more about the ins and outs of selecting and working in a non-profit.
- After the panel, participants will be connecting with a variety of non-profits who have paid and volunteer positions. This is a great opportunity to meet with these non-profits and discuss whether the mission and opportunity is a good fit for you.
Free, but must register HERE.
Encore Connect - Event Review
With over 250 in attendance, we Engaged, Inspired and Connected participants to the information they need to take the Next Step on their Encore Journey…Memories from our Encore Connect Event
Recent Articles from the Blog
Get ready, Tampa Bay. The countdown is on. Give Day Tampa Bay May 3, 2016 Give Day Tampa Bay is a community-wide, 24-hour online giving challenge hosted by The Community Foundation of Tampa Bay. This charitable event helps Tampa Bay area nonprofits raise much-needed dollars and bring awareness … [Read More...]
“ONE OF THE GREATEST IRONIES OF LIFE IS THIS: HE OR SHE WHO SERVES ALMOST ALWAYS BENEFITS MORE THAN HE OR SHE WHO IS SERVED!”- Gordon Hinkle There has never been a better time for experienced adults in mid-life to consider volunteering as part of their “Un-Retirement” Strategy! Here we are in … [Read More...]
Two weeks ago, Encore Tampa Bay hosted an event in our community called Encore Connect: Your Roadmap to What’s Next with over 260 people in attendance. The event was created to help mid-life adults (and beyond) connect to resources, organizations and experts that could help them along their “encore … [Read More...]
Sign up for updates about Encore Tampa Bay and our newsletter
A second or third act that combines personal meaning with social impact and continued income.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 10,000 Baby boomers are turning 65 every day
- 9 million people ages 44-70 are in their encore career
- Another 31 million are interested in joining them
- 37% of boomers say they expect to retire after 65
- 10,000 adults are turning 60 every day
- Over 40% of all start ups in America are by adults over 45 years of age.
- 70% of all boomers expect to work in some capacity after they "Retire"