for helping you discover and connect to your ENCORE!!
ECO Byte: SESSION 2
The essence of working online
ECO Byte: SESSION 3
Personal Knowledge Mastery – the key to today’s DIY work world.
At the heart of the encore movement is the importance of purpose and the desire to make a difference. We know that the most predominant encore pathway is starting your own business. Encore.org conducted a survey in 2014 of adults ages 44-70, and found that one quarter; approximately 25 million … [Read More...]
Are you curious about your first step to starting a business? Do you want to explore if you have an idea that can grow into a business? The support and resources for startups in Tampa Bay are endless and the startup community is thriving. Navigating these resources can be tricky and … [Read More...]
Last week I went to the movies to see The Intern, starring Robert DeNiro and Ann Hathaway. Ben, DeNiro’s character, is 70 and gets an intern position at Ann Hathaway’s fashion start up. It was an enjoyable movie, although predictable. But the scene where Ben comes to work the first day really … [Read More...]
Sign up for updates about Encore Tampa Bay and our newsletter
A second or third act that combines personal meaning with social impact and continued income.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 10,000 Baby boomers are turning 65 every day
- 9 million people ages 44-70 are in their encore career
- Another 31 million are interested in joining them
- 37% of boomers say they expect to retire after 65
- 10,000 adults are turning 60 every day
- Over 40% of all start ups in America are by adults over 45 years of age.
- 70% of all boomers expect to work in some capacity after they "Retire"