"TAPPING EXPERIENCED TALENT TO STRENGTHEN OUR COMMUNITY"
find your next….volunteer, employee, project manager, mentor, advisor
find your next… dream job, project, enterprise
- the recession and the fact that boomers are faced with high rates of unemployment,
- that adults are actually living longer and can find the time to launch their own enterprise,
- the boomer generation has been making up their own rules as to how they want to live their lives- this is not any different now.
Between 1990 and 2010, the percentage of people 65 and older in the workforce increased from 12.1 percent to 16.1 percent. Today, adults 55 and older are the fastest-growing segment of the workforce. Rather than viewing this as a potential opportunity for economic growth, many people fear that more … [Read More...]
It has been a little over a year since I founded Encore Tampa Bay and began the mission of accelerating the encore movement in our community. There have been many important lessons I have learned along the way. At the heart, the concept of discovering your encore boils down to one thing, finding … [Read More...]
AARP has been working hard the last two years on a strategy to re-engage and provide value to their baby boomer members with the Life Reimagined Initiative. Yes - we mean those 50 or older who have been slow to see the value or relevance of AARP at this time in their life! For those boomers who have … [Read More...]
Last week, Marc Freedman was awarded the Social Entrepreneur of the Year at the World Economic Forum. Freedman is the founder of Encore.org (formerly Civic Ventures) and a primary thought leader for the encore social change movement. Marc Freedman’s latest article focuses on the confusion and … [Read More...]
AT THE GREENHOUSE
The Encore Academy is here to provide workshops, resources and connections that will help you discover and launch your Encore career!
Sign up for updates about Encore Tampa Bay and our newsletter
For further questions or information contact us at email@example.com.
FREE Discussion Groups
FREE Encore Discussion Group
"Who Do I Want to Become When I Grow Up?: Rethinking Identity in Mid and Later Life"
August 26 - 10:30AM- 12:00PM
Greenhouse Training Room
RSVP to Candace Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org
A second or third act that combines personal meaning with social impact and continued income.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 10,000 Baby boomers are turning 65 every day
- 9 million people ages 44-70 are in their encore career
- Another 31 million are interested in joining them
- 37% of boomers say they expect to retire after 65
- 10,000 adults are turning 60 every day
- Over 40% of all start ups in America are by adults over 45 years of age.
- 70% of all boomers expect to work in some capacity after they "Retire"