Thanks to all who participated in and attended the first Town Hall Event and made it such a success!
There are many different ways that people find and connect to their encore career. What we often see is a coinciding of another person’s passion or an “opportunity that shows up” in our lives. In this video blog, Laurie DeFrain -Stemm shares her journey to her encore. Her story is not unlike many … [Read More...]
Two weeks ago, more than 400 Encore leaders gathered together in Tempe AZ, to explore ways to make the shift from an aging society to a powerful source of talent that chooses to use the accumulated skills, experience and wisdom to tackle many of society’s most urgent challenges. John Tarnoff wrote … [Read More...]
There was something truly exciting and energizing that happened last Tuesday night at Feather Sound Country Club. Over 270 people joined me along with Encore Career Handbook author, Marci Alboher and four amazing individuals from our community at the first-ever Encore Tampa Bay Town Hall. Together, … [Read More...]
In the Encore Career Stories we are about to tell, we see that there is more of a “reintegration” of skills and talents in new careers. Gary turned a life-long hobby and interest into a profitable and meaningful career! Kristen combined her passion for assisting non-profits by using the … [Read More...]
- the recession and the fact that boomers are faced with high rates of unemployment,
- that adults are actually living longer and can find the time to launch their own enterprise,
- the boomer generation has been making up their own rules as to how they want to live their lives- this is not any different now.
AT THE GREENHOUSE
The Encore Academy is here to provide workshops, resources and connections that will help you discover and launch your Encore career!
December 8, 2014 - 4:00-5:30pm
FREE | Register Now
In order to understand how we can make the most of change as we journey through the Encore years , it is helpful to know some of the transitions that one goes through along the way. IN this discussion group- you will learn the 3 stages of transitions and how to move through them successfully. Come join the conversation with other like minded adults pondering what is next in life! (Registration is required)
Sign up for updates about Encore Tampa Bay and our newsletter
A second or third act that combines personal meaning with social impact and continued income.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 10,000 Baby boomers are turning 65 every day
- 9 million people ages 44-70 are in their encore career
- Another 31 million are interested in joining them
- 37% of boomers say they expect to retire after 65
- 10,000 adults are turning 60 every day
- Over 40% of all start ups in America are by adults over 45 years of age.
- 70% of all boomers expect to work in some capacity after they "Retire"