- the recession and the fact that boomers are faced with high rates of unemployment,
- that adults are actually living longer and can find the time to launch their own enterprise,
- the boomer generation has been making up their own rules as to how they want to live their lives- this is not any different now.
It is, once again, the time when we pause and reflect on the past year. Hopefully you are taking time away from work or life’s rat race to ask: What did I accomplish? What would I like to do over or improve? What did I learn? What things did I not get to? Now is a great time to look … [Read More...]
There are many different ways that people find and connect to their encore career. What we often see is a coinciding of another person’s passion or an “opportunity that shows up” in our lives. In this video blog, Laurie DeFrain -Stemm shares her journey to her encore. Her story is not unlike many … [Read More...]
Two weeks ago, more than 400 Encore leaders gathered together in Tempe AZ, to explore ways to make the shift from an aging society to a powerful source of talent that chooses to use the accumulated skills, experience and wisdom to tackle many of society’s most urgent challenges. John Tarnoff wrote … [Read More...]
AT THE GREENHOUSE
The Encore Academy is here to provide workshops, resources and connections that will help you discover and launch your Encore career!
Encore Discussion Group
(FREE - but need to register)
St Pete Greenhouse
Sign up for updates about Encore Tampa Bay and our newsletter
A second or third act that combines personal meaning with social impact and continued income.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 10,000 Baby boomers are turning 65 every day
- 9 million people ages 44-70 are in their encore career
- Another 31 million are interested in joining them
- 37% of boomers say they expect to retire after 65
- 10,000 adults are turning 60 every day
- Over 40% of all start ups in America are by adults over 45 years of age.
- 70% of all boomers expect to work in some capacity after they "Retire"