Thanks to all who participated in and attended the first Town Hall Event and made it such a success!
In the Encore Career Stories we are about to tell, we see that there is more of a “reintegration” of skills and talents in new careers. Gary turned a life-long hobby and interest into a profitable and meaningful career! Kristen combined her passion for assisting non-profits by using the … [Read More...]
Pilar Ortiz started her career in television and communications at the very young age of 21 in Bogota, Colombia. She worked her way up from intern to lead reporter in just a few short years. In fact, she was one of the journalists to report for 4 days - the murder and funeral of Pablo Escobar (major … [Read More...]
Encore Career Series There are millions of adults in mid-life who are refusing to fade away in the second half of life. It turns out that at least 41 million of those adults are searching for a calling and crafting encore careers that combine not only continued income but the promise for more … [Read More...]
Encore.org recently conducted a national survey asking people 50-70 years old about their plans, aspirations and concerns at this stage of their lives. The overall findings showed that encore careers appeal to people across all lines of education, and economic status. They found that people want to … [Read More...]
- the recession and the fact that boomers are faced with high rates of unemployment,
- that adults are actually living longer and can find the time to launch their own enterprise,
- the boomer generation has been making up their own rules as to how they want to live their lives- this is not any different now.
AT THE GREENHOUSE
The Encore Academy is here to provide workshops, resources and connections that will help you discover and launch your Encore career!
“Life Transitions as Opportunities for Growth”
(Encore Discussion Group)
October 30, 2014
FREE | Register Here
"Getting Out of Your Own Way”
November 5, 2014
St Petersburg Chamber Board Room
$25 | Register Here
“The Power of the Entrepreneurial Mindset”
November 13, 2014
$55 | Register Here
Sign up for updates about Encore Tampa Bay and our newsletter
A second or third act that combines personal meaning with social impact and continued income.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 10,000 Baby boomers are turning 65 every day
- 9 million people ages 44-70 are in their encore career
- Another 31 million are interested in joining them
- 37% of boomers say they expect to retire after 65
- 10,000 adults are turning 60 every day
- Over 40% of all start ups in America are by adults over 45 years of age.
- 70% of all boomers expect to work in some capacity after they "Retire"