Life Reimagined: Opportunities in the Hospitality Industry
Another great Encore Tampa Bay event that connects Encore talent with the community! Over 60 encore seekers learned about the different ways to work or volunteer for organizations such as travel agencies, river tours, museums. transportation, St Petersburg chamber and city events!
Thank you to our great partners/ sponsors for this event: AARP Tampa Bay, St Petersburg Chamber , Mayflower River Tours.
- the recession and the fact that boomers are faced with high rates of unemployment,
- that adults are actually living longer and can find the time to launch their own enterprise,
- the boomer generation has been making up their own rules as to how they want to live their lives- this is not any different now.
On June 24, Senator Susan Collins chaired a special Senate hearing called, “Work in Retirement: Career Reinvention and the New Retirement Workscape”. The purpose of the hearing was to emphasize that working longer greatly enhances financial security for older individuals and strengthens the economy … [Read More...]
UPDATED: 6/8/15 Evening with Chris Farrell Join us on May 20th as author, Chris Farrell speaks about "Unretirement" at the Poynter Institute in St. Petersburg, FL! For almost two years I've been writing blog posts about the exciting opportunities around the ever growing encore … [Read More...]
In the last seven days, Tampa Bay has had the distinct opportunity to host two significant events, The White House Conference on Aging Regional Forum and a visit from the founder of the encore movement, Marc Freedman. White House Conference on Aging The White House Conference on Aging convenes … [Read More...]
Sign up for updates about Encore Tampa Bay and our newsletter
A second or third act that combines personal meaning with social impact and continued income.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 10,000 Baby boomers are turning 65 every day
- 9 million people ages 44-70 are in their encore career
- Another 31 million are interested in joining them
- 37% of boomers say they expect to retire after 65
- 10,000 adults are turning 60 every day
- Over 40% of all start ups in America are by adults over 45 years of age.
- 70% of all boomers expect to work in some capacity after they "Retire"