Life ReImagined Chris Farrell Event
Join us for Life Reimagined: Unretirement with Chris Farrell
Chris Farrell will be talking about the rise of the Unretirement Movement and opportunities for you to redefine your second half of life!
$25 - includes one drink and lots of appetizers!
- the recession and the fact that boomers are faced with high rates of unemployment,
- that adults are actually living longer and can find the time to launch their own enterprise,
- the boomer generation has been making up their own rules as to how they want to live their lives- this is not any different now.
Join us on May 20th as author, Chris Farrell speaks about "Unretirement" at the Poynter Institute in St. Petersburg, FL! For almost two years I've been writing blog posts about the exciting opportunities around the ever growing encore movement. There is an increasing number of inspiring … [Read More...]
In the last seven days, Tampa Bay has had the distinct opportunity to host two significant events, The White House Conference on Aging Regional Forum and a visit from the founder of the encore movement, Marc Freedman. White House Conference on Aging The White House Conference on Aging convenes … [Read More...]
Move over millennials, the boomers are taking over when it comes to entrepreneurship. In 2013, Kaufman reported 20% of all new business ventures in the US were started by entrepreneurs aged 50-59. An additional 15% of startups were started by those 60 years and over, which means 35% of all startups … [Read More...]
Life Reimagined: Opportunities in the Hospitality Industry
June 4, 9:30-11:30 am
Staybridge Suites, St Petersburg
Five Saavy Strategies for Launching Your Encore Career
June 12, 8:30-11:30 am
St Petersburg Greenhouse,
For more information and to register: HERE
Sign up for updates about Encore Tampa Bay and our newsletter
A second or third act that combines personal meaning with social impact and continued income.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 10,000 Baby boomers are turning 65 every day
- 9 million people ages 44-70 are in their encore career
- Another 31 million are interested in joining them
- 37% of boomers say they expect to retire after 65
- 10,000 adults are turning 60 every day
- Over 40% of all start ups in America are by adults over 45 years of age.
- 70% of all boomers expect to work in some capacity after they "Retire"